It’s been a year since the launch of Wellness at Checkout.com, a global initiative to support colleagues’ mental and physical health. What started as a program to care for our people during this extended period of remote working has now developed into a core part of life at Checkout.com. And it’s here to stay.
We launched the program back in March 2020 with ‘10 Weeks of Wellness’, sharing informative and engaging content daily on the topics that mattered most to colleagues. From global fitness challenges and nutrition workshops to crowd-sourced joke books and work from home playlists, the aim was to cater to as many different learning styles as possible.
Since then, we’ve come a long way. We’ve continued providing engaging content and events whilst increasing our focus on mental health, encouraging our people to take a step back from work and re-focus on their wellbeing.
- We’ve introduced a community of trained mental health champions to help build a positive and inclusive workplace.
- We’ve committed to training all managers in mental health. We are supporting our aim to build an inclusive and mentally fit environment.
- We’ve had positivi-tea Zoom sessions with our CEO and Chief of Staff to talk about anything but work.
- We’ve introduced weekly Wednesday workout and fitness classes.
- On Blue Monday, we delivered special care packages to colleagues filled with carefully selected sustainable items to help them relax, keep positive and be mobile whilst working from home.
I think it’s safe to say that this past year has proved challenging at times for the team, and I want to say a massive thank you to everyone who’s been on this journey with us. In my eyes, they’re all heroes, putting others before themselves and working tirelessly to ensure everyone at Checkout.com feels there is support available.
And perhaps what’s most exciting is that we’re only just beginning. I’m very excited to see what’s ahead as we continue to develop the wellbeing programme at Checkout.com.
Source: Daniel Proctor LinkedIn